Create your own exercise or workout program. Develop an understanding of the importance of physical activity to your life now and in the future.
- Community partner: gym or fitness studio
- Academic area: physical education
- Understand lifelong importance of participation in physical activity
- Understand movement concepts and strategies
- Demonstrate ways to achieve and maintain healthy level of fitness
- Understand relationship of individual qualities and training to world of education and work.
- Prepare initial 15-week physical activity plan.
- Log and journal about each session.
- Write reflective essay on skills acquired, and physical and psychological improvements.
- Apply knowledge of movement concepts to maintain vigorous heart rate.
- Analyze relationship of workout plan to educational and career goals.
Student participates in a portfolio review that includes a fitness plan, workout session log and journal, and final reflective essay.
Download a template to create an ELO Project Outline (MSWord, 2 pages) that fits the needs of your student.
This ELO was submitted by David Chapman, Extended Learning Opportunities Coordinator at Manchester Memorial High School. It was designed for high school students with an interest in developing an individual physical fitness plan. School rules prevented sharing of detailed materials.