Free Online Training and Materials
Introduction to ELOs Course
This course is an online version of in-person workshops offered by the Next Steps NH Project in Spring 2018.
By the end of this short (2.5 to 5 hours) self-paced course you will have the answers to:
- What is an ELO?
- Who do you need to create an ELO?
- How do you create an ELO?
During the course you’ll create an ELO for a fictional student who loves yoga.
Materials from 2-Day ELO Training, Spring 2018
This two day in-person training was designed for school teams of three-five people seeking to deepen their understanding and practices regarding ELOs. Topics included developing an ELO program, designing ELOs, examining policy, ELOs and transition, collaboration with key partners, and resource identification and support. The training was delivered in multiple sessions around the state between April and June 2018.
- Defined and identified the essential elements of an ELO.
- Discovered how to incorporate best practices into ELO development.
- Understood the role of ELOs in transition.
- Learned the critical components of an ELO program including policies and practices that support ELOs.
- Explored strategies to develop an infrastructure to support ELOs within their school.
All sessions were full with waitlists. The materials are now free for anyone to use.